START - Software program to help with career decisions
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential, it is built in to our Lifeskills lessons, but can also be accessed at home.
Please click the play button for further information:
It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability. Start includes:
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning
All students are introduced to Start from Y7 and we encourage you to use it at home to aid the important discussions around your child's future choices.
You can log on here www.startprofile.com
We offer parental training for parents/carers when your child is in Y9 to help you get the best out of the software prior to option choices.
You can download the 'How to Register: Parent Guide' here
Click HERE for a Help Guide for 'Careers, Jobs and Choices'
There is a section dedicated to Doncaster informing you about Local labour market, Opportunities and Education choices.