Catering and Free School Meals
Our menus are planned on a 3 week cycle - click below - with a range of options available that provide a well-balanced and flavoursome lunch for our students and staff.
We will consult with students, ask them to sample new foods and give us their feedback so we can keep our menus fresh and exciting.
Throughout the year will offer special theme days (including Mexican, Chinese and many more).
Since September 2020 the Academy has staggered their lunchtimes due to COVID-19. Year groups alternate between the Atrium and Dining area on a weekly basis for their lunch to ensure they stay in their year group bubbles but also have access to different lunch choices.
Free School Meals
Did you know .... just by registering your child for Free School Meals means that the Academy gets extra funding to support their learning?
REGISTER NOW to make sure your child doesn't miss out.
The Government is giving money to schools to help students to achieve their very best. This funding is called Pupil Premium. With this money, your child may access:
- TA support
- Extra intervention
- Extended learning opportunities
- Extra-curricular activities
- Homework support
- Holiday clubs
- Extra resources
Do you qualify?
Free School Meals are provided for school children if either they or their parent or guardian have been granted:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 (as of 2014 financial year) as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How does it work?
1. Check if you qualify - see above.
2. Click HERE to register online
3. Your child will receive credit automatically on the biometric system.
4. The school will receive the extra funding towards your child's education.
If you require any support in completing the application, please contact Mrs Cheryl Chapman at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy on 01709 864100.