The Governors at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy play a key role. They have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We will understand our Academy
- Student attainment and progress,
- Student behaviour, attendance and safety
- Quality of teaching and staff development
In consultation with the Maltby Learning Trust we will set our Academy's strategic direction
- Champion the Trust's vision, values and ethos
- Actively support school improvement
- Always take into consideration all stakeholders views in recommending any decisions
We will performance manage our leaders
- The Maltby Learning trust will appoint the Executive, Associate and Vice Principal. Once appointed Governors will appropriately support and challenge the leadership.
- Hold school leaders to account for progress
- Maltby Learning Trust are responsible for the budget within the Academy, but governors will ensure there is value for money in all financial matters, including Pupil Premium spending for the benefit of the students